CALL FOR TEZOS NFT ART
Out of this World has 2 types of creation opportunities:
General NFT Submission or Event Contest Submission
Please thoroughly read and choose the creation opportunity that fits you best!
THEMES: Outer Space and Sc-Fi
GENERAL NFT SUBMISSION
- Use #OutofthisWorld when minting. (May start minting Aug 6, 2022!)
- 1-50 editions of your NFT.
- You may list (drop, sell, price) your submission any time between Aug 6 – Aug 20.
- The submission must be priced at 1 Tez or more.
- There is no obligation to donate any editions, but you may if you wish to donate an edition to the TezTown Wallet that will be deeply appreciated.
- No limit on submissions.
OUT OF THIS WORLD EVENT CONTEST SUBMISSION
- Use #OutofthisWorld when minting
- 5 editions only (5/5 only)
- You MUST fill out the Contest Form, and pick 1 category per submitted NFT
- You MUST send 1 edition to TezTown at tz1ftytVPRayDg85NnxZn1wDaTWXEm6HLwHE
- All submissions will undergo 2 rounds of voting.
- Only the top 50 NFTs with the highest vote will go to the celebrity judges for final selection.
- DO NOT DROP CONTEST NFTs (price, sell, list) ART UNTIL AUG 18th!
- Must be priced at 2 Tez or more!
- Event Contest is limited to only 2 NFTs submissions per artist or collab team, no more than one NFT per category.
BOTH CATEGORIES: Please be very careful to avoid copyright and trademark infringement. Any NFT that appears to violate copyright and trademark infringement will be excluded from the contest.
Collaborations may be submitted to either the General Event or Event Contest. Please remember we will be keeping the NFT editions sent to us for future projects or fundraising. All types and styles of art are welcome, please try to stick to the intended themes! Thank you!
OUT OF THIS WORLD EVENT CONTEST SUBMISSION CATEGORIES
Only submit 1 NFT per category | Only 2 NFTs total for the Event Contest
- Galactic Battle: Intergalactic battle wages in space, as the mighty fight to save the universe or take over a planet. Spaceships or armies clash in battles that will determine the future of millions. Airdropping from space, an army of spaceships descends on a planet, ready to take over or defend it. The intergalactic war is raging and so does your imagination.
- Spacebase: The Spacebase theme is all about creating out-of-this-world civilizations. Build a space station and spacecraft, populated with crew members and satellites, and make sure that the spaceport has everything needed including spaceships for a successful journey into the cosmos. There are no limitations when it comes to what you can build: if you can imagine it, you can create it!
- Retro SciFi: Retro Sci-Fi is a celebration of the dreams of yesteryear when alien and advanced technologies were out of this world and mid-century space travel was the stuff of science fiction. It’s a time when we imagined what might be possible if we could just get our hands on some alien technology. Think of Huxley, Bradberry, Clark, Wells, Verne, Stapledon, Asimov, Heinlein, Herbert, Le Guin, Dick…Retro SciFi takes you back to those heady days when there was no limit to what we could imagine—when humans were only limited by their imaginations.
- My Favorite Alien: Think of an alien as a creature from the galaxy so far away, that it’s impossible to even imagine. An Alien can be depicted as a friend or foe. Aliens can be luscious and beautiful or frightening and scary. The alien can enlighten or be dangerous to humans. Whatever alien comes to life, let it take us on a new adventure.
- Summer in Space: The Jetsons were right: As soon as you leave Earth’s atmosphere behind and step into the void, you’ll be greeted by a summertime wonderland of bubbly, brilliant pink oceans and bright, colorful sunsets that stretch across the night sky like a rainbow. There are no seasons up here, but there is plenty of fun—from swimming in space oceans to surfing on galaxies, there’s something for everyone!
There are two rounds of voting, and only the top 10 in each category go on to the second round where the celebrity judges will have the final say on the winners. Submitted NFTs will not be returned!
PRIZES FOR OUT OF THIS WORLD EVENT CONTEST
There will be one grand prize, two first runners ups and three alternates per each of the five categories so it is important that you enter your best works for the contest.
We are looking forward to seeing Our Tezos Community Reach for the Stars.
MEET THE OUT OF THIS WORLD EVENT CONTEST JUDGES
Tom Lombardo, Ph.D., is the director and Co-Founder of the Center for Future Consciousness, along with Co-Director, Jeanne Belisle Lombardo, M.A. Tom is an experienced educator, presenter, and workshop facilitator. He regularly speaks at futurist conventions and other conferences, as well as at various colleges and educational institutions, nationally and globally. Tom designed the course curriculum for the Evolution of Science Fiction Webinar Series.
Tom is the writer of numerous books and articles in psychology, philosophy, education, the future, and science fiction.
Tom Lombardo is an awarded Fellow of the World Futures Studies Federation, a special honor given to members who have made a globally recognized, significant, and original contribution to future studies. He is also an Executive Board member of the World Futures Studies Federation. The Center for Future Consciousness also has a network of fellow faculty, educators, and futurists who serve on the advisory board.
Mark Jeffrey is an award-winning serial entrepreneur and author with Harper Collins. He is currently working on the Boolean Fund.
Previously, Mark Jeffrey co-founded the Guardian Circle emergency response network (NEWSWEEK Blockchain Impact Award Nominee (2019), One of FAST COMPANY’s ‘World Changing Ideas’ (2018); Partner: XPRIZE Foundation; Featured in TRUST MACHINE (2018), THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN (2019). He is also an early pioneer of blockchain technology, releasing BITCOIN EXPLAINED SIMPLY (2013) and THE CASE FOR BITCOIN (2015).
His previous companies include The Palace metaverse (backed by Time Warner, Intel, and SoftBank; sold with 10 million users), ZeroDegrees (a business social network sold to InterActiveCorp / IAC in 2004 with 1 million users), and ThisWeekIn (video network). He was the founding CTO of Mahalo / Inside.com (backed by Elon Musk, Sequoia, and others).
Mark Jeffrey holds a BS in Computer Science from the University of New Hampshire. On Twitter, he is @markjeffrey.
Mark has been named one of the ’50 to Watch’ by Variety magazine and presented at the very first Harvard Conference on The Internet and Society.
Mark is the author of seven books of fiction, published both traditionally and as audiobooks. His first novel, MAX QUICK: THE POCKET AND THE PENDANT is published by HarperCollins. Mark was one of the first three people ever to podcast a novel: MAX QUICK originally received over 2.5 million downloads in 2005.
Louis Katz joins forces with Ocean Storm Films as a VFX Producer. Based in Los Angeles he is in the heart of entertainment. He looks forward to fostering relationships to bring beautiful images to light while saving on the bottom line.
Louis Katz has over 20 years of industry experience working in visual effects and animation. At the age of 22 he had the honor of working for world-renowned FX company ILM (Industrial Light + Magic) on such films as Men in Black I and II, Star Wars: Episodes I and II, and The Mummy, to name just a few.
He then branched off and gained invaluable experience working at various boutique companies and larger studios, including Digital Domain, Sony Pictures ImageWorks, Zoic Studios, Disney, and DreamWorks Animation.
He has always made himself available to help colleagues in the industry with music videos, independent films, and episodic series and enjoys working on smaller projects as well as studio blockbusters.
Louis was a graduate instructor at THE ACADEMY of ART UNIVERSITY in San Francisco.
Louis also has experience working in other countries, including Canada, India, and China. He is an active member of the Visual Effects Society. Having spent the past few years doing freelance work it was brought to his attention that he should become a VFX Producer and that is the role he now occupies with Oceanstorm Films VFX.